Hey friends!
I'm sorry I've been so absent lately. Between work, fundraising efforts, preparations for leaving Indiana, and the fair (!) I feel like I've been going non-stop for the past few weeks. That's not a bad thing-I like being busy and having "things" going on all the time, but it's definitely made for some exhausted days at work and left little time for fun things like blog posts!
Anyway, the garage sale I had a couple weekends ago was a huge success! I made around $700 in just one day. I was blown away. I'm so grateful for friends and family that stopped by, helped set-up/tear down, and donated some awesome stuff. I was so blessed that day, and seriously can't say thank you enough to those who contributed to a successful fundraising event.
A week at the fair was a bit of a distraction from planning/preparations for the upcoming months, but it was definitely a great way to spend some time with family and friends, say some good-byes, and just let myself breath in the last bit of time here at home-to remember the past and to realize how much I'm looking forward to the future.
I was telling a friend last night how I feel such a mix of emotions right now. I feel a definite finality about my time in Indiana-I think it's really coming to a close. I don't see myself returning here after my time abroad. I think that it's time for me to find a new home. Since my parents moved, it's been so strange figuring out just exactly where I belong. Being here is great-I have so many friends and family members here that I love so much and am so thankful for-but being here is also too weird. I probably sound like I'm rambling, because I'm not exactly sure how to put the way that I feel about this place into words. Needless to say, I've been more than a little emotional lately thinking about leaving this place that's been home for my whole life and being absolutely uncertain of what the future holds.
Moving right along...
Here's the part in the blog post that gets a little awkward, a little weird, a little uncomfortable.
I just have a quick question for you...
Would you consider giving financially to my mission?
There, I said it. Didn't want to, but I did.
I have a long way to go in the support-raising process. I have a few weeks before I leave the country. I know that I will probably leave without having the outreach portion of my DTS paid for, and that's ok. I am confident that God will provide..but it's going to take some miracles. If you feel able to give, in any way, I would be so incredibly grateful for your gift. In giving, you can be confident that your donation will be invested directly into my work with some incredible ministries. I strongly encourage you to visit this website to see first hand how I will be helping to end extreme poverty around the world and sharing the love of Jesus with lost people.
If you would like to give financially, please contact me via email at jenna.wisler@gmail.com. I can give you the most up-to-date info about where to send donations this way (as I will be moving soon) and can answers any questions that you have.
Lastly, prayer requests..
The aforementioned emotions have been running high. As I prepare to leave Indiana in just six short days, I will be saying a lot of painful goodbyes. I know that this is what the Lord has for me, and I know that my time away will be incredible, but it's still hard to leave. I hate the thought of missing Christmas in Wakarusa with all of my friends and family, and I am so sad that I won't be available to help Kel with every aspect of wedding planning in the coming months, and I want so badly to hold Baby Morales as soon as he/she arrives in February. These things make me sad...but not so much so that I doubt God's will for my life. I'm certain that I am to go to Germany, it's just difficult to think about missing so many beautiful moments in my friends' lives. Pray that I continue to feel peace about my decision and that lines of communication with friends and family members would remain open while I am gone.
Love, blessings, and many thanks.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment